April 2012 Newsletter

Print

Gloom Doom and Recession … Not here in Murcia!

The waves of gloomy economic data that swirl around the financial markets regarding Spain’s debt laden economy is inescapable. Of course we look to the fact that journalists and pundits will always highlight the gloomiest of News and that’s what sells newspapers.

But at the end of the day how does it affect us and anyone looking to buy a home here in the sun? Certainly we have seen property values fall significantly over the past 4 years to levels below the pre boom years of 2002 and 2003, some 10 years ago. For example a one bedroom Villa for sale today at €65,000 which was sold off plan in 2003 for €120,000; does it not make you think this is the time for making a property investment here in Spain? 


For many years it was a standard condition of Developers to request 40% deposits with the remaining 60% to be financed through the banks in the form of a mortgage. Nowadays there are many tempting offers of 100% finance on newly built properties, with the additional incentive of 50% off the purchase tax or stamp duty on properties which are in fantastic locations.Does it not make a case for investing in property here in Spain?

We would not recommend buying off plan property in today´s market as there is so much choice of completed brand new on luxury Resorts with 5 star Hotel, Golf Courses, leisure and sports facilities available for everyone to enjoy. So is it not time to really start thinking about moving to Murcia and enjoying the wonderful outdoor lifestyle in sunny Murcia?

The Murcia Villas team was invited by the management at Corvera to visit the brand newInternational airport which will replace San Javier in the coming months. 10 years ago there was only a rumor that Murcia would have its own International airport and now it is coming very close to reality. The airport will be able to accommodate all type of aircraft, with the only exception of the new A380, and will be looking to attract international traffic from the US and Russia.Testing is still taking place upon the airport systems and controls and as soon as those are completed they will start to transfer the current routes into the new Regional Airport of Murcia, with capacity to cope with 11 aircraft per hour. 

So if you think it’s the right time to find the right home for you please call us today on: (UK) 0117 230 8344 or email  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • Some tempting offers
  • Property Investment Hacienda del Alamo
  • Move to Spain
  • 100% mortgage options

 

Condado de Alhama

2 bed apartments from £69,000 frontline to Jack Nicklaus “Bear’s Trails” 18 hole championship golf course. Community swimming pools, shops and bars on site. Doorstep to the proposed Paramount Studios theme park. (90% mortgage option available)
Contact: 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

El Boulevard

2 bed apartments from £60,500 part of the popular Mar Menor Golf Resort with its brand new 18 hole golf course and 5 star Intercontinental Hilton Hotel. Situated only 5 kms from the beautiful beaches of the Mar Menor in Los Alcazares. (100% mortgage option available)
Contact : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.